Tuesday, April 26, 2016

NBA Draft - Guard Rankings

Today I will be writing my NBA draft big board. Typically reporters and writers look at the top 50 or top 100, but today I am going to be taking in consideration the positions. I will grouping players by position and give the top 5 or 6 for each of the top positions. I will be taking in account the college career of the player and the potential I believe that the player has.

Point Guard:

  1. Kris Dunn - Providence. Dunn only a junior could of came out last year and be a top pick came back to school and improved to be the top point guard in the draft.
  2. Jamal Murray - Kentucky. Murray a combo guard who may ended up playing more shooting guard is the reason why he is not in the top spot.
  3. Tyler Ulis - Kentucky. Small but crafty and I think will be able to lead a team at the next level.
  4. Gary Payton II - Oregon St - Ultra athletic, great defender. Needs to work on his outside shot. 
  5. Demetrius Jackson - Notre Dame. Quick, good playmaker, with a good jumper. Competitor.
Shooting Guard:
  1. Buddy Hield - Oklahoma. Lights out shooter. Straight up scorer. Excellent on the break. Older then most top picks but you will get a scorer with Hield.
  2. Jaylon Brown - California. Young, explosive athletic with a great size. Good finisher around the rim.
  3. Dejounte Murray - Washington. Another combo guard. Good handles and versatility with good size. Need to add strength.
  4. Malik Beasley - Florida St. Young and athletic. Knock down shooter and great in the open court.
  5. Malachi Richardson- Syracuse. Excellent shooter. Lengthy and long. Needs to bulk up.

No comments:

Post a Comment